E19: Ever been to a unicorn festival?
Ever heard of a festival in celebration of all things unicorn? If you’re a Millennial you’re all over this one. On behalf of the rest of us, Life Collective’s Michelle Cox goes in search of the mythical creature and this year’s biggest social media trend. For answers she turned to Melissa Polglase, Melbourne Central’s marketing manager, who tapped into 2017’s biggest social trend to create the shopping centre’s most successful event ever. Like totes amazeballs!
LISTEN TO EPISODE 19 HERE
Links to some of the things Melissa touched on:
STATS: The numbers speak for themselves below!
- Event Attendance - Thursday 5,800, Friday 7,300
- Pop-Up Vendors - 18
- Facebook Engagement (Posts Only) - 11.9%
- Facebook Event, Reach - 1.1M, Views - 111,000
- Responses - 26,000
- Facebook Event Interest/Attending - 26,000
- Facebook Page Likes Growth - +1,186
- Instagram Followers Growth - +1,338
- Instagram #unicornfestival usage - 972
- Snapchat Geo Filter Reach - 3,000
- Snapchat Geofilter Use - 1,364
- PR Hits - 66
- PR Value - $1,979,526
- PR Reach - 15,542,259
- Melbourne Central social properties:
Interested in a career in marketing and communications - consider an internship with Bastion Collective here
Like what we're doing? Got questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org