E20: Wanna join a board?
Looking to go on a board and don’t know where to start? Today Life Collective’s Michelle Cox talks to seasoned business leaders and board aficionados - David Sawicki and Michael Brown – for the inside goss on what happens around the board table and tips on how to get on one.
LISTEN TO EPISODE 20 HERE
Links to some of the things Michael and David touched on:
- Michael Brown’s career history on LinkedIn - career highlights include:
- CEO, Rugby League World Cup 2017
- CEO, AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015
- Deputy CEO, Cricket Australia
- CEO, Hawthorn Football Club
- David Sawicki’s career history on Linkedin
- Find out more about David’s company, Third Wave Ideas here
- Thinking about joining a board? There are courses you can do and groups you can join to learn more about your responsibilities as a board member and start your networking journey.
- Australian Institute of Company Directors - Courses for Directors
- INSEAD is a graduate business school with campuses in Europe (Fontainebleau, France), Asia (Singapore), and the Middle East (Abu Dhabi) - Training for Board Members
- Board warriors you don’t read about:
- Kevin McCann
- Brian Schwarz
- Would you want Mike Cannon-Brookes, co-founder and co-CEO of Atlassian, on your board - the resound answer was yes! Check out his credshere (scroll down and click on Mike’s bob-head doll’s head!)
- Michelle is a member of the Tourism Tasmania Board of Directors
You can email us at email@example.com