E7: How do you navigate modern-day manners?
A kiss on the cheek might be quite continental but does it have any place in the business world?
To open the door or not to open the door? How about swearing with clients? It’s getting harder and harder to know what’s naughty and what’s nice in the realm of modern-day manners. This week Bastion Collective’s Tom Wrigley, Ben Sellenger and Jonathon Mahon get down to the nitty gritty with Kristen Boschma.
LISTEN TO EPISODE 7 HERE
Links to some of the things Tom, Ben and Jono touched on:
- ABC TV is all over this topic - last year Adam Zwar and his mates tackled the agony of modern manner - watch here
- If you’d like to read more about modern manners here are a few suggestions for your bedside table:
- Mr. Manners: Proper Etiquette For The Modern Degenerate (17 April 2014)
- by Aaron Berg, Jamie Mathieson and Ricky Letovsky
- Modern Civility: Etiquette for Dealing with Annoying, Angry, and Di (2 January 2014)
- by Cynthia W Lett
- 50 Things to Know About Modern Manners: Etiquette is a Way Of Life(13 August 2014)
- by Krista “KK” Mounsey and 50 Things To Know
- The Etiquette Edge: Modern Manners for Business Success, 2nd Edition (13 August 2016) by Beverly Langford, Karen Saltus and LLC Gildan Media
Got a question? You can email us at email@example.com