E8: How does a big business tell a story?
If content is king, Bastion Collective’s Richard Chapman and Marteen Burger are the high priest and priestess of digital storytelling.
In Episode 8 of Life Collective podcast series, Bastion Effect CEO, Richard Chapman and Bastion Stadium GM, Marteen Burger discuss all things content with Michelle Cox.
Their working partnership has spawned campaigns that have transcended the medium and helped Australian brands turn their stories into digital content that connects. Richard and Marteen explores what makes a great digital campaign and who is doing the best work around the globe.
LISTEN TO EPISODE 8 HERE
Links to some of the things Marteen and Richard touched on:
- Cinematographer Shelley Farthing-Dawe shot the Flood Victoria campaign Rich and Marteen created in 2016
- Kitty Green is a former colleague of Marteen and Richard’s and a writer/director who has revolutionised the documentary storytelling medium with two seminal works:
- Ukraine Is Not A Brother (2013) - Kitty uncovered the criminal mastermind behind the Ukraine's topless feminist sensation Femen
- Casting Jean Benet (2017)
- Rich cites the Defence Jobs campaign featuring real people doing real jobs as an example of a successful digital campaign driven by beautiful photography.
- Work that inspires Rich and Marteen
- Heineken “World’s Apart” campaign
- WATCH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbIjGxc1vjo
- MIFF “The Emotional Trailer”
- NAB “Mini Legends” campaign
Got a question? You can email us at email@example.com