Senior Account Executive
You sit at the heart of great account service, producing high quality work to drive meaningful results on clients, managing deadlines and showing proactivity and initiative across a range of fronts.
Length of experience
Minimum 12 - 18 months in PR or Communications.
Skills critical to success
Client & Account Management
Taking the lead on implementation and completely owning the delivery of results on your clients, KPI delivery and client satisfaction.
- Understands client’s industries and monitors news and social to become an expert in their field, and identify opportunities
- Understands what success looks like on each client and proactively takes the lead on client implementation
- Oversees the production of clear and concise WIP documents, setting reasonable deadlines and communicating these across the team to ensure they are delivered
- Ability to confidently lead WIP meetings with clients
- Has strong time management skills and delivers work to deadline every time
- Highly articulate and clear in all client communications
- Monitors success factors and flags when results aren’t coming or KPIs won’t be met, problem solving with the team lead to drive a solution
- Manages and reconciles budgets with limited errors and zero overspend
- Manages supplier relationships well, including briefings and quotes
- Escalate client issues quickly for effective resolution by the client lead
- Leads reporting and the production of reports that are accurate and include valuable insights
Has developed a range of key media relationships and is able to deliver accurate and newsworthy media materials that get a result.
- Has a strong understanding of Australia’s key media, how they function and is able to make media recommendations to clients
- Produces accurate and newsworthy media releases
- Develops considered media lists and angles that align with each publication’s remit, demonstrating an understanding of the media
- Regularly pitches to tier one media successfully, providing a tailored pitch that resonates
- Develops interview briefing notes that consider a range of questions and guide a client through their messaging
- Can manage media events, liaising with the journalists in attendance to ensure they walk away having got what they wanted and the client is happy with the outcome
- Ability to work with Influencer lead to identify brand-aligned influencers
- Support influencer lead on creating influencer led campaign strategies as and when needed
- Confident with creating and managing influencer campaign budgets ensuring maximum ROI on client spend
- Ability to negotiate influencer contracts both directly with influencers and agencies
- Confident working with Influencer lead to create influencer briefs based on key campaign messaging
- Ability to review influencer content submissions and provide constructive feedback and recommendations to both influencers and clients
- Has finger on the pulse of new influencer campaigns and trends, particularly for competitor activity, and proactively provides relevant insights to clients
Digital and Social
Understanding how social and digital fits within a client’s account and being able to assist in the delivery of success.
- Understands the role of social in communications and how it can benefit a client
- Develops accurate social media posts in line with overarching content strategy, including calendar development, overseeing creative, and drafting captions.
- Ability to upload and manage paid content is desired but not required
Strategy & Business Development
- Has a strong understanding of the communications space and the role of paid, owned and earned
- Assists with research and creative thinking when team is developing strategy and new business documents
- Understands what each client campaign objective is and proactively proposes recommendations on activity that will get results
A winning attitude
Being a superstar who gets stuff done is great, but at Bastion Effect we also really value our culture. So who you are in our business and how you act is just as important!
- Has a proactive and enquiring nature, always wanting to do better and help others
- Is a true team player, not afraid to get your hands dirty on a variety of tasks
- Embraces a flexible working culture, understanding agency life is a life of swings and roundabouts
- Contributes to the development of our culture by being involved and engaged in team activity
- Rolls with the punches on clients and maintains a positive attitude