E6 Why is small business a big deal?
A lot of us fantasise about being our own boss. But how many of us feel the urge and act on it?
This week Bastion Latitude CEO Dianne Gardiner talks about how she stared down her fears, backed herself and established her own small business just as the GFC hit Australia. Ten years down the track she’s not only survived, she has a unique take on why small business is such a big deal.
LISTEN TO EPISODE 6 HERE
Links to some of the things Dianne touched on:
- Online communities are a unique way to walk alongside consumers for a period of time, sharing new ideas and refining concepts before taking them to the market.
- Why diversity is key to business success - sbs.com.au
- The number of small businesses in Australia - abc.gov.au
- The realities of running your own business - Forbes
- How to set up your own business - Entrepreneur.com
- How to expand your office space - under30ceo
- What is work life balance - thebalence.com
- Di's winery - Rahona Valley
Got a question? You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org