- Bastion Reputation Management - Account Executive, Corporate Communications, Melbourne, Australia
See below for full job descriptions
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST & INTERNSHIPS
We are always eager to hear from passionate communications professionals looking for the next step in their career. If you would like to discuss a career at any of the Bastion Collective companies please send your CV and an overview telling us why you think you'd be amazing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bastion Collective also offers an intern program for current university students. For more information, please see our Bastion Bridge information page.
REPUTATION MANAGEMENT, ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
Bastion Reputation Management is looking for an exceptional, emerging corporate communications professional to join its growing team as Account Executive.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, intuition, and interest in the world around. The role will have a strong focus on working closely with our Senior Account Managers and Senior Consultants to guide and support our client work.
The ability to manage competing deadlines and client priorities is essential while performing well under pressure and contributing positively to RM's culture.
We have a strong values-led approach and believe our philosophy drives our work, our relationships with clients, and our respect for each other.
Client strategy: Understand the proposed approach for an RM client. Be confident to challenge and question this based on own insights.
Client service: Supports team to build a trusted relationship with the client and can ‘step up’ into client facing roles (in meetings/F2F).
Quality output: Edit and understand how to produce key materials, provide key insights to inform client strategy. Exemplary writing skills and research skills. Able to structure and articulate thinking and contribute to draft materials.
Team and process: Be able to manage own workflow and time and seek assistance and support to manage capacity where required. Work with senior members of staff to ensure work and processes are efficient
Business strategy and innovation: Understand and support business strategy initiatives. Provide ideas on product development or client services
New business development: Identify key media trends, contributes to creative brainstorms and supports the development of proposals and strategy materials for clients.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A communications, business, public relations, journalism, policy or equivalent qualification (highly regarded but not a prerequisite)
- Experience working in both agency and in-house roles is highly regarded. As is hands-on experience working on large scale and complex operational issues and crisis that have had reputational impacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong sense of curiosity and a good sense for news - know where and how a story will evolve next
- Ability to contribute to and clearly articulate strategic ideas
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to confidently facilitate client discussions
- Initiative and accountability
- Contribute proactively and diligently to client project teams
- Deliver high-quality work to deadlines
- Take instruction from and involve senior staff to verify, discuss and confirm strategic approach to client projects
- Deal with multiple clients, suppliers and other employees professionally at all times
- Contribute positively to the overall culture of Bastion RM and exemplify our philosophy
If this sounds like you, please get in contact with us at email@example.com.